Thursday, May 24, 2012

Motivate me.

IMG_1370

You know how sometimes you just realize that you've gotten into a slump or a rut? No?

I don't believe you. Not one bit.

My slump-rut is specifically related to working out. Buh. I cannot get myself back into a routine. I won't say, "no matter how hard I try," because I've admittedly not been trying too terribly hard.

Why is it that I can most easily keep up a running routine, but not a standard workout routine?

Beats me. But there's only one answer to this conundrum: Start running again. And stop putting it off. I have a 5k in July, which I guess is a little bit of motivation, but not enough.

Maybe a book will help. I going to start reading "Born to Run." I had forgotten all about the book until I read the New York Times piece "Caballo Blanco's Last Run: The Micah True Story." (Seriously moving read--you should check it out.)

How can someone run that much and get that much joy out of it? I might have known, at one point. So it's time to get back to that, little by little. It's sad how short of a run leaves me breathless these days; it's time to change that. Time to find a race to sign up for (at least a half marathon), commit to it, and get to training.

On a different note, I got my first piece published in the Huffington Post. Check it out!


IMG_1377
Gap ikat shorts and top, Old Navy vest, gifted earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment