Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recap, y'all!

My coworkers claim I've been losing my inhibitions at work (after seven months???) and dropping the word "y'all" a lot more. I say they're full of it. I've never hidden my predilection for the contraction.

This time last year, I started the Give Up/Take On Project. It's been semi-successful. (Hey, a year's a long time!) No matter how good or bad it's been, it has been fun to choose something each month. Here's a quick recap:

October 2010: television (yep) & Bikram yoga (heck no)
November 2010: meat (yes) & couponing (sigh, no)
December 2010: complaining (pretty much) & barefoot running (ran a 10k in Guatemala!)
January 2011: slouching (well, now I have a desk job, so guess I should get back to this one) & making the bed everyday (I hear a made bed attracts bed bugs anyway)
February 2011: elimination diet (a lot of "give ups," and it worked, until I got my new job and just had to celebrate with food) & 30 for 30 (so well that I did it again!)
March 2011: Did I skip this one? I'm not sure. But I do know that March of this year brought new challenges with my new job.
April 2011: partial no-poo (worked and still doin' it) & bootcamp (ugh. I don't want to talk about it.)
May 2011: soda (check) & recipe learnin' (eh, not really. I guess I like it chaotic.)
June 2011: clothes shopping (I believe so) & exercising everyday (naw)
July 2011: sleeping in (kinda sorta) & reading (though I didn't finish a book in July, I have completed several since.)
August 2011: giving up (success!) & playing the accordion (yes. And more importantly, it motivated me to pick up my guitar again.)
September 2011: nothing. It just didn't happen.

You know what I see when I go back over that list? Not a lot of failures, but a lot of experiences. Whether I continued towards my goal each month or flaked out, it was still fun.

And starting this month, I'm going to switch it up. No more of the Give Up/Take On Project. I'm moving on, ladies and gents! I'll fill you in later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment