Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Speed reading? Try speed writing.

With NaNoWriMo in full swing, blogging has become a secondary priority. I apologize for the neglect, but it's a necessary neglect, you know?

As for my progress, I'm doing better than I expected, which means I'm still about 10,000 words behind. But I have learned something about myself. I'm a speedy writer, y'all! Well, as long as I have an idea, I'm a speedy writer. For instance, I just spent about 25 minutes writing over 1,000 words. If I keep it up, I can actually finish NaNoWriMo, which is the goal, after all.

IMG_4162

The really cool thing is that I'm actually enjoying my story now. I think I've got something. It may not be terribly original, but it's a story. A cohesive story with characters, settings, action, drama... and I'm really enjoying it.

I still don't know if anything will come of it. In other words, I'm not sure that I'll be showing this story to anyone but myself and maybe the hubs, but I'm at least proving to myself that I can formulate a story and get it down on paper (Word doc). That's pretty cool.

I hope to at least share an excerpt with you blog readers sometime soon. I think you deserve that for sticking around here, even when I neglect you.

To give you a quick idea, I'm writing a young adult fantasy/adventure novel (surprised?) about a boy who has adventures in his daydreams (not to be confused with night dreams, of course). He enters a world and meets lots of characters and has to figure out who is lying and who's telling the truth, and who is evil and who is good. I'm having fun crafting a fantasy world and characters, I tell ya.

IMG_4163
Top from Azalea (I forget the designer), Gap jeans, Old Navy boots and bracelet
IMG_4166


No comments:

Post a Comment