Saturday, January 28, 2012

Birthday bag

IMG_4712

I'm sure you missed my non-in-HD ramblings on Thursday. (See here and here.) On Wednesday I was home sick all day. And I'm not just talking a cough-cough, sneeze-sneeze, pass-me-the-Nyquil sick. I'm talking a bucket-by-the-bed, saltine-crackers-and-gatorade kind of sick. (No, you didn't ask, but it's my blog and I'll go into detail if I want to.) I was in no state to film a video. Oddly enough, the last time I was sick like that I did film a video out of sheer boredom of having nothing else to do but sit in bed.

Maybe I'll show it to you sometime.


IMG_4713

Other than Wednesday's mishap where I had to eat white carbs and sugar to make sure my body didn't fall apart, I've been doing rather great on my slow-carb diet. By yesterday I wasn't even that hungry come meal time and didn't really have any cravings for a sugary or salty snack. Today is "cheat day," though, which means I get to eat whatever I want.

I made the dh* roll out of bed before 8 o'clock this morning so we could go to our favorite breakfast joint and I could get some of the most delicious carbs out there. Oh. Man. So. Good.

I haven't been able to eat anything else since, but I predict some apples and peanut butter or maybe some cheese in my future (oooooh, I'm a wild one).


IMG_4714
Target top, Gap jeggings, Old Navy booties and coat, American Eagle necklace, Banana Republic satchel

Now, on to more important things! My bag!

As you may know, my birthday was ages ago. What I wanted was some new boots. But after looking and looking I decided that no boots (except maybe these) were really piquing my interest.

So I moved on. To this:


1.24 collage

Ever since receiving an iPad for Christmas from my in-laws, I've been searching for a structured satchel to keep it safe. But it also had to have a cross-body strap to please this scooter gal. And so this bag became my birthday gift. To myself. From myself. A couple of months late.

Ok, lovelies, it's time for me to rush off to eat more carbs and dairy products. Yum!


*I finally learned what this means in Internet-talk: Dear husband. Thanks, Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment