Saturday, April 28, 2012

What are you playing at?

IMG_1133


IMG_1134

Do you ever feel like you're playing at being a grown up?

Playing at having a grown-up job. Playing at having your own health insurance. Playing at having your own place. Playing at eating out at fancy grown-up restaurants. Playing at making your own big life decisions. Playing at being married.

I could go on and on.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not old enough for these things. I still like eating a big bowl of popcorn for dinner (shout out to family movie nights!). I still like sleeping in on Saturdays and staying in my pajamas as long as possible. I still like wearing flats (my feet like it, too). I still like watching slightly immature movies and TV shows. I still like jumping in puddles when it's raining and I'm wearing my rain boots.

Don't get me wrong. I also like being a grown-up. But I hope I never lose my like for youthful things, as long as it's tinted in  maturity.

When I have my own kids, I hope I can still relate to their childishness.


IMG_1139


IMG_1140
Anthropologie top (2008), Prana scarf (via See Jane Run), gifted jeans, Steve Madden Intyce boots, Target bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment