Saturday, March 26, 2011

Two in One Day! Lucky You!


 Old Navy dress via Syd, Urban cardigan, Prana leggings, Banana Republic boots, Old Navy bag, gifted scarf, awesome shark
This is a first dress swap I've done. And it was not planned. I was in South Carolina last week for a friend's wedding. The hubs wasn't able to come back with me, so it turned into ladies' slumber party all weekend. First, with all of my friends and the bride, then with my great friend Steph and our moms.

It was lovely.

What's the best part about slumber party-ing with lots of your friends? It's like your wardrobe increases five-fold! (OK, that's not the best thing, but it's pretty darn sweet.)

My bud Syd brought eight (yep, eight) dresses because she wasn't sure what she wanted to wear, and several of us benefited from her indecision. (Thanks, Syd!). I borrowed a lovely blue number for the rehearsal dinner and then this flowered dress for the wedding.

She borrowed one of my dresses for the rehearsal. And then I suggested she keep it for a while. Why not? I don't get to wear it very often, so it needs some love. And I asked if I could keep this cutie.

I immediately got to winterizing it for San Francisco's cold, wet Spring weather. And this is what I came up with. The hubs and I went to brunch this morning and then we walked by this awesome shark mural. Photo shoot done.

I hope more dress swaps are in my future. It's like getting new clothes without paying for them! Syd, I think we should make this a monthly-ish thing, don't you? (I'm waiting to see how/where you wear my dress!)

Friends Syd, Danielle, me and Steph (and Claire looking nonchalant) after the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment