Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Relaxed

Loving this one, y'all. Cozy, swingy... just perfect for Friday. Even a Friday spent at work. Oh, what's that you say? No, today's not Friday. I'm just that behind in posting. This outfit is from last Friday.

 Gap dress, NY&Co sweater, Old Navy scarf & earrings, Madden boots, F21 bracelet
    So, the other night I was pleading my case to the hubs for us to take a trip to Vegas for the Rock 'N Roll Marathon and a long weekend. I want to knock out another marathon this year. I want to go somewhere with my husband. But do you know how much Vegas would set us back? Probably at least $1,000 total. Trust me, I crunched the numbers, and that's on the low end.

    $1,000 for four days and three nights in a place that, yeah, I want to visit someday, but probably won't even like that much. $1,000 that we'd be wiser leaving in our savings account.

    After the husband and I talked it out--man, he is much better at money than I am--we decided on a compromise. I still get to do a marathon and go on a trip with my husband, but just a little closer to home.

    On November 5, I'll be running the Stinson Beach Marathon in California. That's less than an hour away from our little apartment in San Francisco. Just to give you an idea of the cost difference, the Vegas marathon cost alone was $165. I paid $70 for the Stinson Beach race.

    We may even end up camping for a night or two. Talk about a cheap alternative to a couple hundred buckeroos for one night at a Vegas hotel.

    Now I just gotta get to trainin'! I ran/walked 9 miles on Sunday and it just about killed me. Time to get back into marathon shape!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment