Monday, September 12, 2011

Cream?

I go into Starbucks Friday morning for my very first pumpkin spice latte of the season. It was my end-of-the-week treat.

After I ordered, the barista asks me, "Cream?"

"What?"

"Cream?"

IMG_3916

"Um, no. No cream." Confused, I prod further: "People actually put cream... in their lattes?"

"Well," she starts, not a smile grazing her face, "It's a seasonal beverage, so we add whipped cream."

"Oh!" I say, realizing she means whipped cream not creamer. "I thought you meant like creamer."

"Um. No."

IMG_3917

Apparently, she wasn't amused by my little misunderstanding.

But, to be fair, everyone else at Starbucks calls it whipped cream.. Not just cream. It's a little thing, I know. Even the guy who made me my drink said "no whip."

And that's the end of my pumpkin spice latte story.

Is anyone else excited to try the salted caramel mocha? That'll be my next end-of-the-week treat, I think.

IMG_3918
Old Navy sweater, F21 tank, gifted jeans, Banana Republic oxfords, gifted from Sudan earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment