Saturday, December 10, 2011

Contribute

Well, hello there!

In order to further expand my online writing horizons, I've been looking for places to contribute in my spare time. Well, I found the easiest one: the Yahoo! Contributor Network. My understanding is that you contribute original content, following Yahoo's guidelines, and wait for it to be reviewed and, hopefully, published.

IMG_4365

For my first article, I decided just to claim a "story assignment" and get to writing. My post, "8 Low-Maintenance Winter Beauty Tips," was published yesterday! I'm excited, even though this contributor network is kind of like a black hole for content. It's at least out there, and it didn't take me long to create. It's something else to add to my portfolio, and something besides credit and personal finance (not that I don't love writing on those topics).

IMG_4366

I'm still researching and looking for other places to write, but for now, it's a start.

And I promised a giveaway this week, didn't I?

Don't worry, there's one a-comin'. Its just been a bit delayed, thanks to a busy birthday week. (By the way, 29 feels eerily similar to 28.)

Well, I'm off to a Christmas party!

IMG_4369
Gap sweater, Old Navy tee, vest, pants and boots, gifted scarf, H&M bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment