Saturday, February 4, 2012

Things you find yourself saying and doing on the slow-carb diet.

1.28 collage

Gifted top, tote and scarf, Old Navy Rock Star jeans, Target belt, Converse shoes


When someone offers you something "illegal": "Oh, no thank you," in a depressed voice, "I'm on a DIET."

"I'm saving my carbs for 'cheat day.'"

"What's the policy on a weekend-long 'cheat day'?"

Drinking a diet Coke.*

Ordering green tea at Starbucks.

"Even BACON contains sugar??"

Scooping out a heaping spoonful of peanut butter: "I'm allowed one tablespoon a day."

Munching on a bowl of edamame while co-workers are stuffing their faces with deep-dish Paxti's pizza before movie night.

"I'm tired of everything tasting savory."

Combing Trader Joe's for any and every snack without white carbohydrates.

"Oh, I'm not EATING carbs."

Sniffing foods you used to eat regularly.

Eating broccoli for breakfast.

On "cheat day," eating foods you wouldn't normally, like Twizzlers.


1.28.2 collage

Can you think of any more?

Also, did you notice TOMS ballet flats are now available?


*On any normal day, I would never drink a diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment