Friday, August 24, 2012

The Hit-On-Me Dress

hiton_1

hiton_2
Banana Republic dress (exactly)
Banana Republic boots (exactly)
Gap scarf (exactly)
TKO watch (similar)

hiton_3

On the way to work yesterday, wearing this dress, I thought, "I'll blog about how much I dig this dress!"

But as the day went on, I realized that THIS. DRESS. IS. AWESOME.

Y'all. Wearing this dress yesterday, I got hit on. For real. And not just a hollering cat-call, but a bonafide I'm-hitting-on-you line.

Now, I'm happily married. But even a married woman likes a little extra recognition. So this is now my hit-on-me dress. It makes me feel amazing. Sure, it's just a dress, but I think there's a few key points here. And on we go:
  1. Find a dress that really (really) flatters your figure. I'm just a little hippy, and this dress hugs me perfectly so as not to emphasize my hips (I'm lookin' at you, empire waists), but to make my curves look proportionate.
  2. Find a dress in a color that works. I don't think I have anything else in this color, and I don't know why. Against my fair skin, it's great. And for the Fall, it's greater.
  3. Find a dress that leaves plenty to the imagination. This one hits just above the knees and has a pretty conservative neckline. It's much more Katie Couric than Kim Kardashian, and I think that's what makes it work.
  4. Find a dress that shows off your best features. I dig my arms (and will dig them more as I get farther along in my race training). The only thing that would make this dress more perfect is if it showed off my shoulders.
I probably should go buy this dress in every color I can find.

Tell me about your hit-on-me dress.


hiton_5

hiton_6
How I feel at first when guys hit on me.

hiton_7
Then I'm all like, "That was interesting!"

1 comment:

  1. Cap Sleeve Column Dress
    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=342784529&pid=uid5025-7508255-27&utm_medium=widget&utm_source=Product+Widget

    'Nuff said. ;)

    ReplyDelete