Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Tale of Two B.B. Creams

I am not a beauty blogger. I never have been, and I never will be. In fact, I keep my beauty routine pretty simple. But every now and then an affordable product comes along that promises to be the answer to all of my minimalist beauty prayers.

Most recently, it's B.B. cream. I know I'm a little behind the curve here, but I had to experiment first so that I could share my learnings with you, dear friend.

I tried two different creams:

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh B.B. Cream

IMG_2493

First it was the Garnier. I think because I read about it in a magazine. Yes, folks, magazine ads work on me, apparently.

I liked the Garnier cream for the coverage and cooling application, but I found it greasy. After walking a mile to work, the cream felt dewey on my face. And now a good "she's glowing" dewey, but a sticky, "wipe your face with a tissue as soon as you get to your desk" dewey.

That's when I decided to try the Maybelline cream. Just before I left for my conference in Denver, I decided to grab this little tube of wonder. And I'm glad I did. This cream doesn't cover quite as well as the Garnier, but it's light-weight and non-greasy. Even after walking around hot downtown Denver. No deweyness.

So the clear winner was the Maybelline Dream Fresh. Packaging doesn't lie. This might replace my moisturizer/powder combo on days when I'm in a rush.

Have you tried B.B. Cream? Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment