Sunday, September 9, 2012

How to Stand Out at a Work Conference



I'm meeting some awesome personal finance bloggers at #FinCon12 this year (last year rocked, too), and there was no way I wanted to blend into the crowd. You too, my dear reader, can learn to stand out at your next work conference with these easy tips:

1. Wear bright colors. Obviously, this top counts, but I also wore two other dresses (here and here) this weekend in fun colors. (And you guessed it, they are both a part of my great knit dress collection).

2. Wear animal prints. Oh, leopard print linen pants from J. Crew, how I love you. Plus, I scored these beauties for $20 at a great sale.

3. Wear awesome glasses. These Warby Parker specs have gotten me more compliments than any other item of apparel I have ever owned. Yes, that was quite superlative in nature, but it's also accurate. Maybe I should try the monocle next.

 Downtown Denver view is more like track view.

I have a badge and everything. Totes Offish. Ew, I hate that I typed that. But backspacing is for quitters. Oh, and I was in an infographic for the conference, c/o the awesome guys at Budgetable. Look who's a "Rising Star." Hey, girl. Hey.

Old Navy top (exactly)
J. Crew pants (exactly)
Old Navy shoes (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment