Monday, May 30, 2011

Blue Wall & June's Give Up/Take On

Yes, that title is about as creative as I feel right now. I've stuffed myself full of food today (much of it deep fried), and I think it's slowed my brain function down.

Yesterday, my friend and I went to IKEA and Target. She had her roommate's car to borrow, so we decided to go on a little shopping adventure.

You don't understand.

This is really exciting for me.

I wanted to buy everything in sight at IKEA, but I settled on a salad bowl, salad spinner, picture frame, and some lovely napkins. (Whoa, big spender!) At Target I scored some pretty sweet shoes, which will make an appearance later this week.

 Gap top (I got it on clearance) and flats, Old Navy jeggings, earrings and jacket, Banana Republic bag

And now for Give Up/Take on.

For May, I found giving up soda a little too easy. Which I guess is a good thing. When it came to picking some standard recipes, I didn't do so well. I did manage to make one enchilada recipe (this one) twice, once for a work party and once for some girlfriends (last night), and I think I could manage it without a recipe now. I guess little by little I'll find recipes that I want to repeat, but I don't have to force it in one month.

As for June, I'm going to make it a little more difficult for myself.

Give Up: Clothes shopping. After reading some of this blog--the blog of a woman giving up shopping for a whole year--I figured I can give up shopping for 30 days.* Plus, I need to chill out on the shopping anyway. I can use the moolah I save for a special surprise I'm cooking up.

Take On: Exercising every day. I was going to challenge myself to run every day, but I think my knees will need a break. I've had a hard time being motivated lately. In fact, I've gained a few pounds. I know that probably doesn't seem like much, but when you've stayed the same weight for five years or so, it makes a difference. So I'm challenging myself to exercise each and every day, whether that's running, strength training, group classes, or yoga. Starting tomorrow. Here we go.


* I reserve the right to buy a Giants t-shirt or something orange to wear to the Giants game with my company.

No comments:

Post a Comment