Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweet Music

This is my guitar. Guitar, blog readers. Glad you two have been introduced.

My guitar is a Hondo and came from Korea, purchased by my dad when he was stationed there in the Air Force. It's nothing fancy, but since I've always been a casual strummer, it works great for me. Maybe one day I'll buy a fancier guitar, but for now, this works.

Especially since I haven't played it in several months. That's why I brought it up. I may very well decide to pick it up again for next month's "Take On." It would give me a nice distraction from my computer screen.

 NY&Co. sweater, Old Navy pants and scarf, BR boots, F21 locket

I've actually written a few songs in my day, just for fun. And a few aren't half bad. I even performed a couple at open mics in graduate school.

I used to fancy that I'd one day record an album, but I'm not thinking that now. I'm just thinking that I'd like to be able to pick it up now and again for fun.

The sad thing? I lost the only guitar pick I own.


And how convenient that I'm talking about music today, because I also wanted to share with you all an opportunity to support some great musicians and one of my current favorite Christian songwriters. Karl Digerness writes some amazing music. I've had the privilege of harmonizing with him at City Church of San Francisco and now he's (finally) putting out an album of his own.

But he needs some help. He needs to finish funding the album in order to release it. It was recorded at Tiny Telephone, John Vaderslice's studio. Check it out and if you feel like donating, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment