Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Copycat

I tried a little copycatting. I took some color inspiration from Kendi's look and tried a casual recreation. I don't usually wear pink because I never think it works well with my complexion.

Well, here's the thing. I don't believe that anymore. I don't believe that I can't wear a certain color,* contrary to what my husband would say. (He works in fashion and knows textiles and color and would definitely--lovingly--tell me what colors I "can't" wear.)

Basically, I don't want my past expectations to effect the way that I behave--in any aspect of my life. I used to tell myself I had no endurance and there was no way I could ever get into distance running, much less try a marathon.

It's a few years later and I've got two marathons, and several half marathons, under my belt. It just goes to show you that your assumptions, even about yourself, aren't always correct.
 Gifted top, Gap jeans, Old Navy scarf, Soda flats, F21 earrings

So getting back to the outfit. I had all but written this top off. In fact, it was in the very bottom of my drawer. But now it's back in the rotation, with it's cute little puff sleeves and embroidered heart (that you can't see in these photos).

And as for the running? I'm deciding on my third marathon right now. It'll probably be a race in the Pacific Northwest this fall, which I'm really excited about because I'll get to travel for a race.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but some day I'd like to run an international marathon. Like in Greece, Italy, or Spain.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.


* I reserve the right to revoke, or at least amend, this statement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment