Friday, May 27, 2011

Staying up late for no reason

 On the roof of the SF Moma, doin' our thang.

Quite often I do that. I'll be browsing the blogs, watching some shows, or reading something online and I'll just ignore the fact that it's after midnight. Or 1am. Like last night.

It's worse when hubs is out of town, as will be the case next week. So I'd better rest up this weekend, because I have a lot of pointless late nights ahead of me.


Today was actually really lovely. Had lunch out, short day at work (the boss man let us leave early!), drinks, chips, salsa, and guac at Chevy's (yeah, mainstream!) with the hubs. SF Moma for browsing and Blue Bottle coffee on the roof.

And now we're home and being complete lazy bums on a Friday night. And I'm loving it. I don't mind, either, because this week was productive, and I might even do a little work this weekend.

So like I said, hubs will be gone, which means I'll clean the apartment till it's spotless (a strange ritual I get into when he leaves), wear his clothes (see here and here), and hang out lots with girlfriends.

It's not that I won't miss him while he's gone. I definitely will. But I also kind of like having the place to myself for a while. And then he comes back and gives me lots of hugs.


This blouse is another clearance rack score. This time from Gap. I really scored there. (I can't wait to show you the dress I got for $10). This dress came in at about $9. And it fits nicely with my new style aesthetic resolution. That I just made up.

Buy more remix-able blouses, fewer casual tees. I think it's a good resolution. It'll help me start dressing my age and honing in on pieces in stores that don't make me look like I'm 12. Seriously, folks, it's a problem. The other week I was mistaken for a 21 year old. Nothing wrong with that, exactly, but I would like the guessing to be a little bit closer to my actual age.

 Gap top, Target cardi, gifted jeans, Old Navy boots and earrings, H&M bracelet

White jeans. I can dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment