Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Wedding

Today was my lovely friend's wedding. They did it frugal, but you couldn't tell, because they have some talented friends who gave gifts for the actual wedding, like this lovely and creative altar below.


And assorted homemade pies with homemade ice cream in flavors like beer, lavender, caramel, and goat cheese(!).

And flowers and table decorations.

This is not our child, but she's a really cool kid. 



It was just lovely. And my date was looking great, with his vest and pocket square. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: He dresses better than me.

 Old Navy sweater dress, Gap top, Banana Republic shoes; weird sad face

I just realized that my whole outfit was brought to you by Gap, Inc. Even the little shoulder bag I carried to the wedding. It was Old Navy.

It was also completely improvised. I wasn't digging any of the dresses I owned, but I also didn't want to wear all black. Solution? Tie a top at the waist a la Kendi here and make something new out of something old. Let's just say I'm going to try this strategy again.

And, man, I love these heels.


I gotta say, I'm beat. I went into work at 7am so I could get in a few hours before heading to the celebration. But it's cool, 'cause I like my job and I started working on a clever blog post (for work).

No comments:

Post a Comment