Thursday, February 10, 2011

10 of 30!




 Target plaid tunic, Gap sweater, Prana leggings, Madden boots, Gap Socks, Old Navy scarf, H&M bracelet

Lunch! Quinoa salad with raw asparagus, red onion, garlic, dill and lemon juice

Today was a swell day. It just was. Some of it had to do with this outfit. I love it. This morning I couldn't decide between the black combat boots or these westernish boots. I was swayed by the color. This outfit just needed some. (Hence the scarf as well.)

So tonight I--sadly? happily?--broke my food allergen fast. You see, the hubs and I wanted to go out for Valentine's Day, and we like having a classy meal with several courses on a special occasion. The problem? Restaurants are always more expensive and packed with couples (go figure!) on Valentine's Day. And we like to be ahead of the game. Besides, we have a date (a double date!) next Tuesday to see the Broadway tour of "Avenue Q!"

So hubs suggested going out tonight. To this place. The prix fixe menu came with a wine pairing for each course. Classy! Every once in a while we like to class it up. So tonight was our early Valentine's Day date, and it was delightful. Yes, I broke just about every aspect of my fast, but it was well worth it to spend some quality meal time with my sweetie. And learn all about fabric and garment dyeing techniques (don't worry about it).

(Besides, I'll probably continue some aspects of the fast indefinitely. I'll at least be switching to almond milk and only having cow milk when eating ice cream, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment