Tuesday, February 8, 2011

8 of 30: New Favorite Blouse







Blouse: Gap    Jeans: J. Brand    Cardigan: Target    Boots: Madden    Scarf: gifted    Belt: F21

Well, it's not so new. I bought it before Christmas but have only worn it a couple of times. Beats me why. I love it. I loved it so much that I actually stalked it at Gap before buying it. I waited for it to go on sale and, when it did, they were having one of those crazy percentage off sale items days. So I grabbed it. Glad I did. I need more blouses.

Enough about the blouse.

How bout that belt? I bought it to wear to my Masters thesis defense along with a pencil skirt and blazer. I suppose it was successful, 'cause I passed with minor alterations. That was after I successfully deleted my whole thesis. It was right before the department "Congrats Masters Graduates" party and I was scrambling to finish some edits.

I grabbed my jump drive out of the computer to dash over to the party (one door over form the office) and, when I returned to finish my edits, it was gone. The whole thing. Wiped from my jump drive.

I had to go back to the party to ask my advisor to lend me the hard copy I had given to her. Fortunately, I had the few extra pages I had written saved separately. But I did have to retype all 50-something pages. 

In Spanish. 

In just a few hours. 

Whew.

Ok, I think two random stories for the night just about does it, don't you?

(As a side note, the wind joined in the photo shoot today. Can you tell?)

No comments:

Post a Comment