Friday, February 4, 2011

4 of 30: The Time I Got Hit with a Slushie



Oh, you thought that was just a curiously clever title, did you? You're wrong. I really did get hit with a slushie. A la "Glee." 'Cept not in the face.

Let me elaborate.

I was scooting home after work today, hoping to get back early to start dinner for the dozen people coming to my place for food. All of a sudden, I feel something cold, hard and wet smack into the side of my knee. This cold, wet substance begins to seep through my clothes--I'm still driving, mind you--and I realize with dread that it was a sticky-sweet root beer slushie.

I mean, who throws a half-full slushie at an innocent scooter-girl? Beats me, too, my friends.

I'm kind of laughing about it now, but at the time I was just in shock.

I suppose I should be grateful that 1.) it didn't cause me to fall from the scoot, and 2.) it wasn't some other, more harmful, object. Like a stray bullet.

Other than that, I'm great! And looking forward to the weekend. Ah, weekend.


Top: Alternative Apparel    Cardigan: Old Navy    Skinnies: Gap    Boots: Madden    Scarf: gift from Guam    Belt: F21    Necklace: via Erskine college

This was my first "belted scarf" effort. I like it. This scarf's kind of stiff for belting, so I'm interested in trying it with some other scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment