Thursday, February 17, 2011

17 of 30: Hiding



 Old Navy dress, cardigan and scarf; old tights; Banana Republic boots; H&M ring; F21 belt
I will only mention the weather long enough to say that it was cold and rainy, which is why I'm inside.

The End.

Now, on to the fun stuff! No, these boots weren't in my 30 for 30 picks, but wearing leopard-print flats (my other option) today just seemed silly. And I'm happy to see how much I love the purple and red combo. I'll have to see if I have a purple top to wear with my red cords when the challenge is over.

I have a confession to make. I shopped. But I had a good reason. I bought these pumps from Banana. You see, the crime went down this weekend, after I found out I landed the new job. I was aching to shop (call it a little reward to myself from myself), and a leftover giftcard from Christmas was burning a hole in my pocket--er--wallet.

Part of this whole "style aesthetic" journey I'm on has to do with transitioning from a college girl (gah, I know, it's been over five years now) to a career woman. Now, my career is--and will remain--fairly casual, but I'm really trying to figure out how to dress my age. It's hard because I don't look my age.

So I bought pumps. That will probably only show themselves on special occasions and date nights, but that's OK. They look pretty hot, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment