Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 5: Contrast

Yesterday I had a dress code. Minna, the mastermind behind the Magik*Magik Orchestra, gave us a dress code for the concert: black and white. It didn't matter if we were formal or casual, as long as we met the dress code standard.

Fortunately, I had this white dress in my 30 (not even planned!). A quick word about the leggings. For San Francisco summers, I consider them accessories. So that's why they're not included in my 30. So there.

Banana Republic dress, Prana leggings via See Jane Run, Mossimo wedges, Old Navy jacket, F21 bangle and necklace

Now let's talk about the concert. It was amazing. I'm not just saying that. One of the most inspirational moments of my life, for certain. Just being on stage again, and this time with a band and entire orchestra, was so powerful.

I just kept saying how honored and privileged I felt to be asked to join the six-woman choir (one was absent for this pic) for this performance. I can't wait until videos start popping up on You Tube. You'd better believe I'll be sharing them.

I really hope I get this chance again. But, if I don't, I'll always remember last night as one of the best musical experiences of my life.

Oh, and JV is the most humble musician. That's him and me below. Happy weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment