Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sangin'

Did anyone else just remember tonight that tomorrow's the start of the 30 for 30 challenge?

No?

I'm the only slacker in this bunch?

Ah, well. The important thing is that I remembered, right? I frantically picked my 30 just an hour ago, so this should be interesting. A few lessons I learned from last time:

- Don't be too trendy with choices.
- Pick a variety of neutrals and fun colors, but definitely stuff that will mix and match well.
- Pick lots of bottoms.

I think in the end I ended up with 29 pieces (I'll tell why later), and I'm pretty happy with my picks.

Gap cords, Old Navy T and jacket, gifted scarf, TOMS shoes, Keen bag, HJC helmet

Yesterday was the start of our choir rehearsal for this. JV was there to accompany us in our singing and the fabulous Minna Choi led us with her amazing conductor skills.

It's going to be lots of fun.

So my weekend was full of singing: Friday night we had a brief karaoke outing (just a stop at Bow Bow before calling it a night after the Etsy Craft Party), Saturday was rehearsal for three hours and then karaoke birthday party that night, and this morning I sang at church.

Tomorrow night we rehearse some more.

It's really pretty great, although my vocal chords aren't used to this kind of strain any more. So it's early to bed for me so I can be ready for vocal greatness tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment