Monday, June 6, 2011

Days 2-6 and My Debut at Herbst Theatre (It Pays to Have Musical Friends)

Shopping temptation radar (days 2-6): 0! (It helps that I'm between paychecks and wouldn't have the cash to spend if I wanted to.)

I've been a little M.I.A. lately, but for good reason. Involving medical stuff you don't need to know about.

I'm better now, thanks!

I had a delightful weekend. You'll see some more pictures from it later.

So, just to update you, I did manage to go for a run on Friday. Saturday the hubs and I did a lot of walking around with our neighbor, so I'm counting that as my exercise for the day. And yesterday (Sunday) I worked a half marathon, loading and unloading boxes and carting them to and fro.


Today I was less-than-thrilled about some frustrating stuff at work, so I went for a quick run before heading home. It was perfect because by the time I got home the hubs was too hungry to wait for me to cook dinner, so we went for Turkish food. Yum! In fact, we still have some baklava that we got "to go" waiting to be eaten.

Anyhoo, this was Friday's work outfit. Unfortunately, I rarely wear this merino wool sweater. Mainly because it's a bit too form-fitting. But it's a great basic piece. I just need to find more ways to incorporate it into my wardrobe.

 Banana Republic sweater, gifted tank, Gap jeans, Old Navy scarf, old necklace, Madden boots

Some awesome news I got today? I get to sing with this orchestra while they accompany this musician in a couple of weeks. I'm amazingly honored to be asked and so excited to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment