Friday, June 10, 2011

Going Viral

Well, aren't you lucky? I didn't think I'd get around to taking photos today. I snapped this quick photo this morning while I was on my way to a meeting downtown (whoa, that sounds cooler than it was). I didn't think I'd manage any outfit photos.

But I did! Hooray!


I went to an event this evening with the girls from work. I thought a hot pink t-shirt said "cool professional." Don't you think?

Hot pink might just be my color for the summer. Weird? Yeah.

 Old Navy t-shirt and necklace, Gap pants, Mossimo wedges, Mango blazer

The event I went to was all about viral video marketing and how to leverage your brand in online viral videos. No, my company's not currently working on any viral videos, but I think it's really cool to consider the marketing possibilities.

Though it got me thinking. You know that Old Spice video? You know the one: "I'm on a horse."

Anyway. So that video was great for re-branding the company and advertising their body wash, I suppose. But how much body wash do you think Old Spice sold as a result? In other words, how much revenue came from the viral video?

As advertising and marketing goes, how much is a viral video actually worth? Spreading the word is no good in the long run if no one buys your product, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment