Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 13: Ferry

Have I mentioned before how much I love living here? Well, I do.

Friday I woke up at the group house in Mill Valley and my friend Sara and I got ready to be shuttled to the ferry landing. The only thing was that we had a couple of hours to waste before the first ferry. So we grabbed some coffee and sat down by the water, soaking in the beautiful morning sun and watching large seagulls fly about.

Riding the ferry is always breathtaking, and this ride was no exception. The great weather helped, and we caught some lovely views of the bridge, Alcatrax, and the San Francisco skyline.

To get home from downtown, we hopped the cable car. Other than the $5 one way fare, the cable car will never get old. It's just such a cool way to ride open-air through the city.

Our last stop before heading back to my place was Grace Cathedral. It's beautiful and calming and was a great finish to a great weekend. (For me, at least! Sara kept going and headed to Golden Gate Park to the Japanese Tea Garden!)

 Old Navy top, jacket and bracelet, Banana Republic pants, Converse shoes

This phone photo--taken in the huge mirror at the group house--was all I managed for Day 13. I hope I'm excused for the mediocre photo quality. I promise it'll be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment