Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 14: Pizza

This was Monday, the day I not only convinced my hubs to meet me for lunch, but also to snap my outfit shots. Isn't he a great guy?

He truly is. He's planning our anniversary fun for this weekend, so I"m excited! Our three-year anniversary is next Tuesday, but we'll be celebrating this Saturday. Last year I planned our anniversary events, so it's his turn this year.

I'm excited.


I'm also excited about this necklace I won in dash dot dotty's giveaway! It goes perfectly with this top and I can't wait to wear it lots. Thanks, Dotty!

 Old Navy top and jeans, Urban cardigan, Banana Republic shoes, won necklace

And, lastly, I'm excited to share with you a gluten-free recipe. I finally got a chance to use the Namaste pizza dough mix I bought weeks ago. Just like my sister-in-law promised, it was great! I liked this recipe so much, I thought I'd share it with you, with my modifications below.


Caramelized Onions and Leek (Gluten Free!) Pizza
(Originally here, slightly modified below.)

Ingredients
2 leeks, white parts sliced thin
1 1/2 onion, cut in half the sliced thin
2 1/2 T. butter
3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
salt and pepper to taste
oregano to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup tomato pesto
Namaste pizza dough mix, enough to make one 14-inch pizza

Directions
Preheat oven to 425
1. Melt butter in large skillet over low heat. Add leeks and onions and cook for about 30 minutes, or until onions and leeks are cooked, soft and translucent.
2. Follow directions to prepare your pizza crust.
3. Pour pesto into center of the crust and--using the back of a spoon in clockwise or counterclockwise motion--start spreading the sauce evenly across the dough.
4. Sprinkle on 1 cup cheese. Layer garlic slices and sprinkle with oregano.
5. Add onions and leeks. Then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted completely.
6. Stuff your face with gluten-free pizza deliciousness!






No comments:

Post a Comment