Friday, July 29, 2011

Conte's Gluten Free Margherita Pizza Review

This is what I look like when I wait till I get home from work to snap my outfit photos:

Target dress, gifted cardigan, F21 belt, bracelets & necklace, Old Navy boots 

That first one is rough, I'm tellin' you. Out of a total eight photos taken, these two were the only salvageable ones. But I'm not here to talk about the bags under my eyes (particularly since it's Friday, y'all!), I'm here to talk about this:

Conte's Gluten and Wheat Free Margherita Pizza

I picked this Conte's pizza up the other day while I was browsing at Whole Foods. (Darn you, Whole Foods. You always convince me to buy things I wouldn't otherwise.)

It wasn't cheap. Maybe $9 for a 3-4 serving pizza. Not too shabby, but not great either.

But it is gluten-free, and that's the point. Gluten-free products are often more expensive. So I was willing to give it a shot for an easy weeknight dinner (accompanied by a spinach and mixed-greens salad, of course).

The pizza baked true to the package instructions. I left it in for a few minutes more, which is typical for my oven, so I wasn't surprised. What I was really impressed by was the crust. Very crispy, thin and satisfying for a gluten-free crust (well, for any crust). The part I didn't love? The gobs of sauce. I know it's a margherita pizza and the point is the sauce and the cheese, but the sauce was applied a little heavy-handed.

All in all? Pretty good! Now I'm just waiting to find a good gluten-free, dairy-free frozen pizza. I never really stock up on frozen pizzas in the first place, but occasionally they're nice to have around. Especially on a baggy-eyes work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment