Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chocolate Success

Today was just lovely. We stopped by Arizmendi's bakery before church for coffee and pastries. I got a vegan banana nut muffin that was so yummy.

The hubs looked at me suspiciously when I took his photo.



I spent the rest of the day cleaning and getting stuff ready for Easter dinner with friends. Remember this chocolate truffle cake I was planning? I made it last night and finished it off today with a dusting of cocoa and some raspberries, and it was delicious. Super rich and yummy.

I haven't baked much lately. (Actually, maybe not since the husband's red velvet birthday cake in October.) I've been wanting to get back to some baking, so maybe this cake experiment will be a good beginning.


 Gifted top, borrowed Old Navy dress, Old Navy boots, F21 belt

And now that the hubs is cutting back on gluten and we're both cutting back on dairy, I'm excited to have found this recipe listing.

Chocolate chip quinoa cookies? Gotta try these!

Speaking of getting back to things, I need to get back to a regular workout routine, too. I'm thinking I'll join the gym again. (No, bootcamp hasn't worked out. More on that later.)


No comments:

Post a Comment