Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuck It

See what I did there?

I'm a clever one, aren't I? So today's outfit started out with a tucked in shirt. But before I even left the house, I had untucked it. I don't know why. I'm still not sure which is better. Maybe the tucking would've made me happier had I been wearing a belt. But my wardrobe is sadly lacking in the belt department.


 Gap top and cords, Soda flats

So I'm not just here to discuss my tucking habits. I'm also here to update you on this month's Give Up/Take On project.

Bootcamp: Fail. I'll admit it. I've failed at bootcamp. And here's why:

1. I don't like to have to travel--at 6am--to a spot to do my workout.
2. My transportation (scoot scoot) has become unreliable anyway, and I don't really want to get stranded in the middle of Potrero Hill super early in the morning.
3. I just don't like it.

Yeah. I don't like it. Ever since I started paying attention to my fitness, I've basically done it alone. I like running alone (and occasionally in a group), I like working out at the gym alone. I'm usually enough motivation for myself.

That doesn't mean I'll never like working out with others, it just means I don't want to get up super early three times a week to get yelled at by a perky ex-cheerleader.

But the good news is that I'm back to running. I'm signed up for a 12k coming up in a few weeks and the Nike Women's Half Marathon. And I'm still searching for a full marathon for 2011.

Less-poo: I'm down to washing my hair on Sundays and Wednesdays. I admit I'm washing my bangs more often, but cut me some slack, they sit on my forehead all day and get a little gross.

I think I need to research a dry shampoo that doesn't make my hair feel gross, like mine does. Then maybe I can go a whole week like my pal Syd.

I have a couple of things in mind for next month's Give Up/Take On, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment