Monday, April 4, 2011

This Monday Didn't Feel Miscellaneous; It Felt Very Planned Out

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Going to participate in the fun I found on my friend's blog. Just because I can.

::one::
I've said it once (I think on another blog) and I'll say it again. Blogging for fun at home is weird now that I basically blog for a living. I'm easing myself back into blogging for fun on a regular basis. Just you wait, world.


::two::
Husband and I are really great at budgeting. (Read: Husband's great at making a budget and showing it to me on a regular basis, and I'm pretty good at following it. Usually.) We've noticed lately that we've been spending to much money. Not a crazy-go-nuts amount or anything, but we've been saying "yes" to several social events we probably shouldn't have, since we do have a budget. And I haven't been cooking enough. So we're trying to get back on track. Yesterday I threw a bean chili together for lunch after church because I had a ridiculous number of cans of beans. Plus diced tomatoes. Plus green chilis. Plus several other items that worked nicely for my no-recipe chili.

::three::
Bootcamp started this morning. I learned a few things: 1. 6am is early. 2. I was in great shape last fall. I am in not-so-great shape now. 3. Blerg! 6am is really early.
But I can do this. And as husband says, I'll be happy I did.


::four::
The borders bookstore down the street from us is closing. Sad day. That means everything's like 60% off. Happy day! I bought Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis," which I've been meaning to read. That'll keep me occupied for a bit.

::five::
Bi-Rite Salted Caramel ice cream is just about the best thing in the world. I just thought you'd like to know.


Today's post was brought to you by the letter "B." "B" is for:
blog
bootcamp
budget
bookstore
Bi-Rite

No comments:

Post a Comment