Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleepy Time Bethy

It's past my bedtime, so this'll be a quick one. This weekend was full of lounging, houseworking, and catching up with my husband. He's back from Hong Kong, the land of shopping malls everywhere, he says.

Also, I went thrifting this weekend. And failed completely. It wasn't a full-blown thrifting trip, mind you; I just dropped by Buffalo Exchange--hardly a thrift store--on Saturday. I was on the hunt for oxford-like shoes, a maxi skirt, and a blouse with a Peter Pan collar. I found two of the three: the skirt and the blouse. But they were both ill-fitting, which is disappointing because the blouse was this on-trend orangy-coral color.

I also tried on some high-waisted pants (HUGE fail) and harem pants (fail times ten).



 Gap top, J. Brand jeans, gifted scarf, F21 bangle and necklace, Mango blazer

What did I learn from my trip? I'd rather spend more money and get good fitting, quality clothes than spend my time scrounging through thrift shops. That's so not fashion blogger-like of me, I know, and maybe I haven't given thrifting a fair try. I'll try it again sometime, but for now, I'm sticking to what works for me.

In other news, in addition to the lovely blue scarf the hubs bought me in Hong Kong, he also gave me two more scarves, packaged in this darling little squares:


So cute!

And lastly, I leave you with this video of a musician I saw tonight at the Great American Music Hall, Hauschka. He's a really cool prepared piano player. So take a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment