Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fashion Risk #5: Socks With Heels

It's been a while since I've done one of these "Fashion Risk" posts. You may remember the (in retrospect) not-so-successful winterized shorts (which I think I could've improved upon with sheer tights instead of opaque leggings) and new love-of-my-life high-waisted bell bottoms (I wore them to my interview for my great new job, so they're a keeper!).

For our church's Easter vigil service, I chose to try out knee-high socks with heels.


Here are my observations:

1. The ensemble was kind of thrown together, so the shoes and socks don't work well with the dress and cardigan. But I'm still posting it because it's good to document foibles along with successes, right?

2. I need better posture. I'm slouching like it's my job in that first photo.

3. I only managed to get these two photos before my camera battery died.

4. I'd try this again, but I'll spend more time putting it together as a whole outfit.

My chocolate cake just came out of the oven and it's cooling. (Yes, I realize it's after 1am here.) So excited to try it tomorrow to see how it turned out. It's flourless, so if it's delicious, I might just have to make it for my mom-in-law someday. (She's allergic to gluten but LOVES chocolate.)

Have a Happy Easter tomorrow! He is risen!

Old Navy sweater dress, Urban cardigan, Gap socks, Nine West heels

No comments:

Post a Comment