Friday, January 21, 2011

Act Your Age


I've always had a hard time with the fact that I don't look my age. I know, I know. That's a good thing. Or will be when I actually want to look younger than I am.

But now it's butting up against this search for my style aesthetic. Some of the trends I just can't even try because they make me look silly. Ah, well, that's the thrill of the hunt, right?


Speaking of the hunt, I was in H&M yesterday and I tried on some of those new trends. The results were entertaining at best. And yes, I took pictures in the dressing room. So you'll get to see a couple of the looks I just don't think will be a part of my style aesthetic. Unless someone tells me how to "make it work" (said a la Tim Gunn.)


Top: F21 (old)    Cardi: Urban (older)    Skirt: Target (also old)     Boots: Madden    Necklace: from my Guatemala trip

(Check me out! Remixing old pieces all over the place! Also, this skirt is longer. And lower in the waist. I have zero sewing skills, so I pinned it. With a safety pin. Because skirts that hit below my knees just don't work for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment