Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steal From Your Husband: Day Four


Oh, hello, blogland. This is the final day in my "steal from your husband" series. This day was tough. I chose a heathered-red T-shirt, which ended up being a bad choice. I tried a couple of different looks before I settled on throwing one of my husbands sweatshirts over the T.


First, I tucked the T-shirt in and threw a black sweater jacket over the ensemble. The problem? The black sweater and dark jeans didn't do much for the outfit. So I switched to a grey shrug. Better, but still just not right. Then, I figured out it was the T-shirt that had to go. I was much happier with the third look.

Thanks, husband, for unknowingly letting me raid your closet!*

In anticipation of my Warby Parker try-ons arriving in the mail, I tried out husband's new frames (they're still sans lenses). He got these and said "They're the same ones Johnny Depp wears!" A man after my own heart, indeed.

The scarf is also husband's, kind of. He was a fiber arts and textiles major and did a lot of silk screening on random scraps of silk. Some of them are still tucked away in boxes of his old art supplies. I think he was going to throw this away, so I took it and occasionally use it as a "scarf-necklace." It works.


T-shirt: husband's BDG (Urban Outfitters)    Sweatshirt: husband's (Gap)    Jeans: Gap    Scarf: silkscreened by husband!    Glasses: husband's    Boots: Madden



Meet Reba, the Yamaha Riva. She's currently out of commission, and we're hoping to get her all better this week after some electrical work.

*I did admit my sneaky shenanigans when hubs got back from his trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment