Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of House Boats

On Saturday my friend Jenny and I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge to go to Sausalito, which is just across the bay. Jenny just got engaged (yay!) and she was going to look at a couple of places for the ceremony and reception. Being a good friend, I offered to accompany her. That, and I always love a good day trip.

After checking out one location and a delicious lunch at Cibo (I was delighted to see they served Blue Bottle Coffee), I made sure we took the detour to see some of the fun house boats in the marina. I really wanted to show Jenny the Taj Mahal house boat, but instead we stumbled upon the -- for lack of a better term -- "trailer park" of house boat 'hoods.

It was great! So colorful and eclectic (actually much more interesting than the Taj Mahal house boat).

The lovely bride-to-be!

But we did finally make it to the Taj Mahal. And it is really cool. Apparently it was briefly a bed and breakfast, but it's been a private residence for nearly four decades.

Pretty neat-o, huh?

(OK, one thing I can say about photographing my outfits everyday: It's making me more aware of what looks good when I'm posing for pictures. Before I would have never crossed my legs like so. But it works!)

Back to the outfit posts tomorrow! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment