Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Travel Style: Guatemala

I'm back! After a little hiatus (allowing ample time for a relaxing family vacay in Guatemala), I'm back to the blogosphere. I thought I'd give you a sampling of what I wore on the trip. Because the weather ranged from hot to unpredictable, I packed lots of layers, two trusty scarves and flats.

Tee: Gap    Cardi: Old Navy    Jeans: gift    Scarf: Gap    Shoes: Toms

(That's my dad and me in the old center of Guatemala City.)

Tank: ON    Jeans: gift    Cardi: Target    Infinity Scarf: Prana via See Jane Run    Shoes: Crocs (Gasp!)

Fun story about these jeans: I got into my first -- and only, so far -- scooter "accident" while wearing these. It involved my scooter ("Reba") and a wet, slick Muni track. I fell and scraped myself up, but wasn't badly injured. The jeans were, though. They sustained one large hole in the right knee and a smaller one in the left knee. I think it makes them look cooler.

Top: Gap    Jeans: gift    Scarf: Prana via See Jane Run    Sling backpack: Patagonia    Shades: F21

That's my lovely and ever-so-sweet mom-in-law. Seriously, I hope everyone who gets married is blessed with a mom-in-law as wonderful as mine is.

This little sling backpack folds into itself for easy storage in the corner of a suitcase. And it stores lots of stuff (a book, magazine, sunglasses and case, digital camera, water bottle and more).

Top: Gap    Jeans: Gap    Shoes: Banana Republic    Scarf: Gap    Earrings: gift    Shades: F21

These shoes turned out to be really great for walking all day. I wore them on the plane and walking around a coffee plantation and the market in Antigua all day. Banana has done a great job with their new insoles.

I have noticed a trend in my travel wear. It falls mainly into the grey, black and purple category. That turned out to be a good thing for mixing and matching on the trip. Completely unintentional on my part when packing. I just packed items I knew I would be comfortable in.

I promise lots more outfit posts in 2011. I have big plans for this blog. I just gotta start setting them in motion...

No comments:

Post a Comment