Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fashion Risk #3: Maxi Skirt

OK, it's not actually a maxi skirt. It's a dress. But I fooled at least one friend. (She even asked if she could borrow my skirt!) And I fooled my husband. Mission accomplished.

I wore this to church--I was singing that day--and I left it on the rest of the day. Now, anyone who knows me well knows that I have a tendency to change into what the hubs calls "fat pants" the instant I cross our apartment's threshold. (Don't worry--he doesn't think I'm fat, that's just his pet name for my lounge pants.)

But not on Sunday.


On Sunday I stayed in this outfit all day. I was that comfortable.

Plus, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out style wise. Getting closer and closer to honing in on my style aesthetic. But it's still just out of reach, so it seems.


Dress: Old Navy (old old old) Sweater: Gap Belt: F21 Scarf: Gap Boots: Madden Necklace: c/o Erskine College

Get excited, because the next few days I'll be posting how I've styled different pieces from my husband's closet as he's been away on a business trip.

P.S. Also very excited because today I ordered my "try at home" Warby Parker samples.

Currently listening: Lost Shepherds

No comments:

Post a Comment